Today we are going to give you a quick step-by-step tutorial on how to connect your SMOS controlled GPU rig at the CNET Pool.
Some of you may be asking, why do we need a pool? The answer is simply that when multiple miners efforts are pooled together, the rewards are far greater than if that miner had to try and mine on their own. In addition, by using an implementation of the Stratum protocol, the CNET Pool will also be approximately 20% more efficient in finding a block, compared to conventional approaches.
Step 1: Add a New Rig Group
- Go to https://simplemining.net
- Login with your credentials (we recommend that you activate 2FA for best practice)
- Click on Rig Groups in the menu on the left
- Click on Add Group
Step 2: Configure your Pool Settings
- We recommend using the claymore-eth miner. In our experience it is far more stable than ethminer
- Configure your miner options as follows:
-epool pool.cnetscan.io:8008 -ewal [YOURADDRESS] -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1 -mode 1
- Make sure to enter the address you wish to receive payouts to by replacing YOURADDRESS with it
Step 3: Assign your new Group to your desired rigs
- In your Rig List, select the Rigs you wish to assign to CNET Pool
- Click on Assign Group
- The rigs should reboot and start mining on the pool
- You can track your progress at https://pool.cnetscan.io
That should be it. You should be able to start earning some CNET before too long.